På skatteverket.se använder vi kakor (cookies) för att webbplatsen ska fungera på ett bra sätt för dig. Genom att surfa vidare godkänner du att vi använder kakor. Vad är kakor?

Logotyp, till startsidan

Cash registers

The obligation to use a certified cash register applies where the company’s sales take place in return for cash payment or in return for payment with a debit or credit card.

All forms of electronic payments, according to the Swedish Tax Agency, are equated with payments by debit or credit card. An example of an electronic payment is when a customer uses his or her mobile phone to make a payment via an app.

With effect from 1 May 2017, foreign companies without a permanent establishment must also use cash registers

If you are a foreign company that sells goods or services in Sweden, with effect from 1 May 2017 you must use a cash register in the same way as Swedish companies. Foreign companies must use cash registers that comply with Swedish regulations.

As an alternative, you can use a foreign cash register that complies with requirements that are equivalent to those in Sweden. It must have been tested according to the regulations in another country within the European Economic Area.

Our e-services

The Cash Register service enables you to report the cash register, modify information and report any malfunctions of the cash register. (In Swedish)

Öppettider: 07-24

Manufacturer’s declaration of cash registers and certified control units

It is not the Swedish Tax Agency’s responsibility to test whether a manufacturer declared cash register meets the prescribed requirements; instead, it is the manufacturer’s own responsibility to do this.

Lists are updated regularly.


Do you need to contact us? Use the Tax Information line + 46 771-567 567
or send an email with your question/s by using our form.

Ask your question about cash registers here


Till toppen